Eastleigh Swimming Club is affiliated to the Swim England South East Region and is the leading Competitive Swimming Club in South Hampshire, covering the areas of Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Fair Oak and Southampton. Currently, we utilise 3 pools including a 50m pool. Our swimmers have competed and succeeded at every level of competitive swimming from County, Regional and National level and the club provides competitive opportunities for all ages and abilities.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled swim coach to work within our squad structure and be a part of our Eastleigh family. Hours may include evenings, early mornings and weekend attendance at competitions throughout the year as appropriate. You must be a team player, diligent in your coaching and have a keen willingness to learn. Coaches must hold a Level 2 Swim Coaching qualification (or equivalent), or be Level 1 working towards Level 2, have a clear DBS check (completed by the club) and be able to travel locally to the facilities we use in our nearby area.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with a highly experienced and qualified team of coaches across a range of squads within our overall club structure.
- Have a Swim England / UKCC Level 1/2 Coaching Swimming Qualification (or equivalent), or higher, with evidence of undertaking CPD.
- Hold a current and valid UK driving licence.
- Have experience of coaching swimmers of all ages, including youth swimmers.
- Be confident working and communicating with a wide range of people from the swimming community.
- Be highly motivated and passionate about developing swimmers as people as well as athletes and enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Be willing to cover other coaches periodically.
Job Type: Part-time hours
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV to [email protected].
We are looking to expand our successful Swim School by recruiting new Level 2 Swimming Teachers. Lessons are spread between Places Leisure Eastleigh and Oaklands Community Pool, Southampton.
Please email [email protected] for further information or to submit your application for these roles.
Can you help our swimmers achieve their goals?
Here at Eastleigh Swim Club, we are always delighted to hear from motivated individuals who share our passion for swimming.
We currently have swimmers at all levels within the club, from Learn2Swim through to National Finalists and Medallists.
If you are a qualified Swimming Coach, Strength and Conditioning Coach (with an understanding of swimmers' land training needs) or Physio who can aid with injury prevention/core strengthening and rehabilitation, please feel free to drop us a line to register your interest in our club.
We also welcome contact from Sport and Fitness Students, particularly if they can, within their own course studies, assist our swimmers with land-side support, nutritional advice and training needs.
Additionally, we are intrigued to explore the benefits of using Pilates or Yoga (even clinical) within our land training programme. If this is something you could assist us with, please feel free to get in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Eastleigh Swim Club Committee
(Eastleigh Swim Club follows the Swim England Safe Recruitment Policy for paid staff and volunteers. This would include DBS checks etc.)