Swim England Child Safeguarding Policy Statement
Eastleigh Swim Club is committed to providing an environment in which all children and young people participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
In order to achieve this, Eastleigh Swim Club agrees to:
- Adopt and implement the policies and procedures in Wavepower in full.
- Recognise that all children participating in Eastleigh Swim Club (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in aquatics in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in Eastleigh Swim Club, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Appoint a welfare officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by the Swim England who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within the organisation.
- Ensure that the welfare officer's name and contact details are known to all staff, members and parents of members.
- Ensure the welfare officer is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with Wavepower.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in Eastleigh Swim Club have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks, and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Wavepower.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children in Eastleigh Swim Club have been recruited in accordance with the Swim England Safe Recruitment Policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children in the organisation have the appropriate training, code of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in Wavepower.
- Provide all members of the organisation and parents of members with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child's welfare.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.