Junior 2 Squad
LTAD 2 swim skills
4 sessions weekly, 4.5 hours total. Includes one early morning training session.
Ages 8-12 years, as of 31st December during the current year.
Swimmers selected to swim in this squad will benefit from 4 sessions per week. You will be expected to attend all sessions and you will then be introduced to the competitive swimming.
Swimmers will see improvement of water skills by concentrating on stroke technique by use of drills. The emphasis in this squad is on skill development for all four strokes, together with learning to train. This is a transitional phase with the emphasis changing from teaching to a more equal balance of technique work and physical conditioning.
When your coach has identified that you are ready to move up to the Junior squads, you will be offered a Junior Squad or Junior Performance squad place dependant on your ability, attitude and attendance.
- Underwater Skills
- Drills Understanding
- No breathing on breakout (no excuse)
- No breathing for a minimum of the last 5m
- Breathing bilaterally on every 3 strokes.
- Holding underwater phases with two held glides and a big down fly kick
- Legal fast turns
- No breathing on breakouts (no excuse)
- Legal touches and fast turns.
- Minimum of 4 fly kicks off all starts and turns with legal turns at a race pace and the finish on your backs.
(All equipment should be labelled with swimmer's name and in working order)
- Swimming Hat
- Goggles X 2
- Drinks Bottle (700ml)